Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Don't Read The Fine Print

  I found this ad in the newspaper on Sunday advertising an orange-colored, "natural flavored vanilla" milk.

The gist of the ad is that there is a product that is "natural"...without hormones, without corn syrup....and even 35% less sugar!

But I have to ask you:  if you're looking for something healthy for your child to drink (I assume this is for kids, because I can't imagine any adult drinking a "natural flavored vanilla" orange milk), are you really going to buy into this product as being the ideal choice?

I mean:

1. Milk that's orange...uhm, food coloring?
2. 35% less sugar...I looked at the fine print and the chocolate milk as 18g of sugar PER SERVING.  They don't even disclose how much is in the vanilla version.  And they DON'T describe the serving size.
3. While the orange one is "naturally flavored", they don't make (can't make) the same claim about the chocolate one.

So....

uhm, Yum?  

I guess I shouldn't be too quick to judge...after all, I did enjoy a few glasses of banana Quik in my childhood.

But, I think I will be passing on this as a choice for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment