Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, October 21, 2013

Another Internet Privacy Site

Well, I've been doing some re-checking of my private information on the web- you know, all of those unethical companies that selling your address, phone, relatives, age, children, background, etc, etc...And I've found a couple of others to remove yourself from, so keep posted this week for those.

However, during one of the searches, I found this website: www.NetworkAdvertising.org

Now, supposedly, you can opt out of all the companies that are registered here.

What does that mean?

It means, supposedly, that your IP address will be off-limits to these companies.  Kind of like a "Do Not Call" list for browsers.


  1. Now, when you go to this page, you'll need to click on the tab "All NAI Member Companies".
  2. Then check the tiny checkbox at the top of the list to select all companies.
  3. Then Submit.
  4. You'll get an error message that you can't be removed from them all.
  5. Don't worry.
  6. Just repeat the steps a couple of times.



I don't know if it works, but I do know that I don't have any ads showing up on my Gmail anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment