Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Perfect House

I dreamed of the perfect house
Where the neighbors were quiet as a mouse
And there were no airplanes overhead
To scare me from my sleep in bed
A perfect bathroom all my own
So I don't need to share that private throne
You'll find a vanity with two sinks
And a place for the catbox (it really stinks)
All my art fits on the wall
And my daughter has room to crawl
My husband's clutter was hidden away
Behind a door that was closed each day
The kitchen had two microwaves
And every appliance energy saves
A real pantry and storage space
So all our stuff fits without a brace
Both our cars and workshop fit
In a garage that's heated and lit
Let's not forget a potting room
With kiln and clay and dusting broom
A little garden with grass and a porch
Banishing mosquitoes with a Tiki torch
Lots of birds and animals, too
Like our own little backyard zoo

And now I wish and hope and pray
That I can find it soon some day.



1 comment:

  1. This is terrific! You should send it to the board of realtors.

    ReplyDelete