Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

In Honor of the Approaching Mid-Summer

It used to be that I could knit a baby sweater in a week or less.  Of course, that was when my daughter was 3, 6, or even 9 months old.

And that was also when I was still pregnant, so my time was my own...no jumping up to change diapers or running around after the Peanut.  The biggest concerns I had were running to the bathroom and back pain.

So, now I have to plan a bit more in advance when I start making her outfits.  

Thus, now that mid-summer is approaching, it is time to start knitting those winter jackets. 

Here is one of my favorite:

I've made it several times now in 3, 6, 9 month sizes.  It would seem, though, that adding 1/2 again as many stitches to the number of stitches on size 4 needles is too big for 2T....perhaps try only adding only 12 to the starting (increase by 1/4).

Happy Knitting

No comments:

Post a Comment