Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Spyberries

You know how in spy and espionage movies, the stars always get these cool gadgets that come in little boxes with foam perfecting cut for the gadget?

Well, I got an order from Harry and David today- strawberries.  My husband had purchased the Fruit of the Month club membership for me/us for my birthday.

Now, I know you're all shocked that me, who is more of a dairy girl and fresh fruits and vegetables, would like a Fruit of the Month club membership.  Let me say that Harry and David do provide the best fruit I've ever had besides going to the road-side stands in California and getting a flat fresh from the farm.

But, the strawberries.  So, we were told we'd be getting some strawberries for May.

And that seems like a good time because May was always the first strawberry harvest in Fresno- just in time for Mother's Day.

So, when we got the box in the mail and I saw that they were from California, I was reminiscing about the strawberry pizzas and strawberry shortcake that we used to make for Mother's Day...and how that might be nice to do this year....

...and then I saw that there were, quite literally, 20 strawberries in the box.

Each of the strawberries is quite large, palm-sized as a matter of fact, but I really wasn't expecting to have a shipment of strawberries show up with each strawberry nestled in high-tech foam...INDIVIDUALLY.


I had to check to make sure that they were actually strawberries and not high tech spy equipment

(queue the music)

No comments:

Post a Comment