Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, May 24, 2013

Places NOT to shop online

There are two places in the last month where I have tried to make online purchases in the past two months.

Both offered free shipping if you spent a certain dollar amount.

I filled the shopping cart in both cases to the requisite amount.

I both cases, the cart showed that I had free shipping.

In both cases, I filled out the address information.

In both cases, I filled out the create account information.

Then, I got to the page where I would enter my credit card.

I filled out the credit card fields.

And in BOTH cases, when I looked at the total amount, the shipping amount had been added BACK into the cart.

o_O

In BOTH cases, I tried checking out again.

And again

And again.

I closed the browser and reopened it...

...and tried again.

None of these efforts worked to rectify the cart amount.

When I contact customer service, in both cases, none of the reps were surprised by the defect.

Now, this is flat out stealing.  I believe it might even fall in the bait-and-switch or some "not honoring the sale price" law.

I think that these companies are doing this deliberately.  Their only answer to this have you call in to customer service, where they can up-sell you on more crap from their websites.  They have no intention of fixing the problem.

And which sites are cheating their customers?

www.Teavana.com and www.officedepot.com

These are two companies that I would have thought would be reliable for online purchases.  It just goes to show you that you can't trust ANY company.  And from my personal experience, I won't be shopping from either Teavana or Office Depot any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment