Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Munchkin Bottle Brushes Frankly Suck

Well, this is a post requested by two of my dearest friends.

It's about our experiences with Munchkin Bottle Brushes.

Model 1: The Bottle & Nipple Brush


Now, I hate kitchen sponges.  I think that they never fully dry and, hence, breed germs.  But, I was gifted with this one, so I went with it.

Why this brush sucks:

  1. The little nipple brush has sharp edges where the plastic is molded poorly.
  2. If you have large hands, buy something else- my husband can't hold this because it's skinny and short.
  3. The idea of having the nipple brush in the handle is great.  However, having to screw and unscrew it EVERY F-ING TIME YOU WASH A BOTTLE GETS A BIT MUCH.
  4. The sponge at the top is so fragile that it begins to tear after you insert it into your first bottle.  By the time you've washed bottles for a week, the sponge has completely fallen apart.  I know it's a fact: I bought it a second time, thinking I had done something in error.  
NOPE.

I wasn't wrong the first time.


Model 2:  The Deluxe Bottle Brush



Because we hated the sponge, my husband found this brush.  At first glance, this seems wonderful.  
  1. No sponge to rip.
  2. The nipple brush doesn't screw in - it's a single, 1/2 twist.


So, when I eagerly ripped open the package to use it and brought it over to the sink....

...you can imagine how absolutely pissed off I was when the F-ING BRUSH DOESN'T FIT IN A STANDARD BOTTLE NECK.

WTF, Munchkin?  Are you absolutely DUMB?  Why on EARTH would you manufacture a bottle brush that doesn't fit in the bottles!?

DO NOT BUY THIS.


Model 3:  The Big Brush


My friend actually has this model, and it's honestly the best model that there is.


  1. The nipple brush is easy to remove/replace.
  2. The handle is wide enough for anyone to use.
  3. The sponge is sturdy.


But, AGAIN, the SPONGE DOESN'T EASILY FIT in the standard bottle.   You have to really force it in the bottle.

Who is designing these things?


Model 4:  The Soap Dispensing Deluxe Bottle Brush



This has to be the LAMEST model of all.


  1. It adds soap into what you're washing.  Just what you need:  a baby bottle that you have to make sure you rinse extra because this stupid brush just overloaded it with soap.
  2. You end up using 4 times as much soap than if you'd just make a small bucket or sinkful of soapy water.
  3. AND, lest we not forget, THE BRUSH DOESN'T FIT IN THE BOTTLES.


So, I guess the whole problem with the over-dispensing of soap is moot.

If you're in the market,  DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BUY A MUNCHKIN BOTTLE BRUSH.

Unless you really that person.






No comments:

Post a Comment