Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, May 3, 2013

Boing, Boing

I've complained earlier about the new See n' Say toy

While tempted, I won't repeat the tirade.

However, this week, my daughter saw a bunny outside in the grass.  When we went to play with the See n' Say, she pointed to the bunny and then pointed outside.  (Freakin' Amazing for 14 months!)

"Yes, a bunny!"

But when we spun the wheel, the toy said, "The bunny says, 'Boing, Boing'."

Now, I'm not a expert in forest mammology, HOWEVER, I'm PRETTY FREAKIN' SURE THAT BUNNIES DON'T SAY "BOING, BOING".

They don't even make a noise that sounds like "Boing, Boing".

But when I went to tell my daughter what sound a bunny did make, I realized that I didn't know.  I knew that, being a prey animal, they're generally quiet.  But I was pretty sure that a bunny, being a mammal, did make SOME noise, though..

Naturally, the internet to the rescue.

Turns out that they make few distinct vocalizations:  


Now, I can see why See n' Say was confused about what sound to put down for a bunny.  They make sounds like sound A LOT like pigs, chickens, and birds.

But then my question back to Fisher Price is this:  

WHY DID YOU EVEN PUT THE ANIMAL IN THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!?  

It's quickly becoming one of the WORST toys I've ever purchased.


No comments:

Post a Comment