Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Tiger Balm

Ever tried this stuff?


It's a liniment....which I seem to need more and more for my aging body.  It's what Icy Hot and Ben Gay are based off...

...and it works SO much better.

I started using it back in high school of my wrists- I had carpel tunnel syndrome before it was a syndrome.  Too much flag spinning (e.g. colorguard)

I think it was tiger balm that really helped get me through the backache of pregnancy.  Smear that all over your back and butt (hey, it's doing a shocking amount of work!) and wait for the burn.

Yes, it does have a burn-light feel.  Probably why most wimps prefer Ben Gay or Icy Hot.  But they also don't work as well.

I did try Traumeel- it's  German product for the same aches and pains- it seemed to work, but worked more on actual injury sites, like bruises, more than just over use.

Heel Traumeel, Homeopathic Anti-Inflammatory Ointment
But the one thing that I like about tiger balm - that it WORKS- is also the thing that is keeping me from using it lately.  I'm scared to death that I'm going to get it on my baby.  So, I'm severely limited to when I can use it.

Tiger balm does make a patch, which I thought would get around this issue, but the patch is super saturated with the stuff so you have to get it on your hands when you take the patch out.

And because it's super saturated with ointment, the patch doesn't stick until the patch dries out.

Shocking right?

In the meantime, I've invested in some nitrile gloves- they seem to work ok...just make sure that you remember where you put the tiger balm when you remove the glove.

No comments:

Post a Comment