Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Another one bites the dust

I've been a fan of British tellie shows for awhile.  Their dry humor and uncensored broadcasts are quite refreshing to watch.

HOWEVER

In the recent Top Gear season, the gents are off to find the source of the Nile River in Africa.    This proves to be just as much of a farce as most of their road shows, though my favorite is still the motorcycling through Vietnam.

However, I'm not sure if I'll really be able to enjoy Top Gear, ever again.  You see, the gents took their three off-road/estate cars (we call them station wagons in America) through the Serengeti plains where they proceeded to drive all over the plains, OFF ROAD and then when that wasn't enough fun, decided to play bumper cars.

While I don't know if they actually retraced their skid marks and picked up all the debris that they left all over the plains, I sincerely doubt it.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.  I believe that they just continued on, leaving a trail of shiny, dangerous sharp objects for unwary, endangered animals to eat or get caught in their feet.  this is not to mention the dripping of miscellaneous toxic fluids all over the plains, or the fact that tearing up the top soil absolutely ruins the ground cover- a point they proved earlier in this same season with their destruction of the turf on Twickenham Stadium.

Now, I'm a speed demon and I love that about this show- more power!  But when you decide that you and your dumb show are more important than parks like the Serengeti with its marvelous compliment of endangered animals, I really have to draw the line.

It's really quite sad that the hosts decided that the beauty and serenity of the plains were just for them and their little car shenanigans.  It's one thing to put your own lives at risk, but when they decided to further endanger the lives of endangered species by playing bumper cars in their backyard, I have a real problem with that.



You are all asses and I hope that a lion dines on your entrails while you're awake, then leaves you to die in the plains.




No comments:

Post a Comment