Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, April 4, 2013

'It's our most popular'

I went to the Tea Source today because I had a coupon for some many dollars off their bulk teas.  As I am still breastfeeding, this limits my tea intake to some herbals and mostly decaffeinated teas.

They usually have samples made up of the different teas so that you can taste them before you buy them.

Well, evidently, they don't make up samples of the herbals.

As I was looking through the descriptions of the teas in their big catalog, I came across one called, "Evening in Missoula".   The sales lady said that I could smell any of the teas that I was interested in.

Now, I find this a bit disturbing and I think I will have to file a health complaint against them for this.  To smell the teas, they bring the big containers over to your nose so that you can breathe into the teas...

...or if you're sick, you can drip your snot in there, I guess...

..either way, the germs from your nasal passages are now mulling about in the bulk tea...along with everyone else's that has smell it.  In addition to that, the sales lady put the edge of the container directly against my face, so, really, that container is, uhm...GROSS!

As I was pondering this situation, the sales lady, in an effort to make the sale told me, "You'll really like this one- it's one of our most popular."

This made me respond with a wrinkled brow and an sound that was something like , "urgh-"

Should the fact that other people buy it a lot mean that I'm going to like it?

Now, had already decided that I would try this tea, but it really disturbed me that the sales point to try to get my palate to like something was the fact that it was "popular".

Eating foie gras is also popular and disgusting.

When I got home and made up a cup of this tea, I found that it, alas, is NOT one of my most popular.  It is overwhelming flavored with strong chamomile and licorice...only one of which was listed in the description.

Guess I should have known better than to buy a popular item.

No comments:

Post a Comment