Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, April 29, 2013

The Good Ol' Days

Well, it's that time of year- to think back to the high school days- of the few friends I had....

...and wonder what in the world happened to them after high school.

It was pretty much a well accepted fact that all the smart kids at my school got out of California as fast as they could.  And they went everywhere- Boston, Oregon, Washington, Maryland, and Thailand.  This was before days of the internet and email, so we didn't exactly stay in touch.

So, I often wonder what happened to them.

Some of them are on LinkedIn and Facebook, but the women mostly changed their names...and then the ones that you really want to be in contact with either have private profiles or aren't on Facebook (yes, some people still aren't on Facebook- by choice)

But I finally found some of my friends and I have to say, I'm really impressed with how different everyone's lives became after high school.

One friend went back to Thailand to take over the family IT business...and became a monk.  (go figure)

One friend became an investment broker who is on CSPAN.

One went to broadway and is a costumer for productions out of Radio City Music Hall (I know!  He probably knows a few Rockettes).

One friend changed sides (I won't tell you which way) and went to be part of the whole Peace Corps thing- moving around the world rebuilding stuff.

But the most interesting (at least to me) was a friend that was pretty close for a long time.  She was probably the only friend that was a ring leader that I followed (ah-em, I didn't do much following).  I had thought I found her years ago - a brochure for a Maryland community theatre.

Today, I found out, that she became a mezzo soprano opera singer- quite good, too.

I just can't even imagine how one goes about BECOMING an opera singer.

And then I have to wonder what I've done with my life when I look at everything everyone did with theirs.


1 comment:

  1. How many medical patents do you have?

    And how many people do you know give birth to a genius who may bring miracles to life when she gets older?

    ReplyDelete