Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, April 12, 2013

How Hot Is It?

So, I was giving my daughter a bath the other night and doing the whole pouring of the bath water bit:

She sits on my lap to watch the water.
I run the tap into the little toddler bath.
I lean forward to test the temperature while trying to balance her on my lap....


And then it hit me:

Why don't toddler bath tubs have heat-sensitive stickers or paint or something?

You know like those coffee cups that you pour something hot into them and the outside changes to a new picture?   I used to have one like that- it was Carpe Diem or Seize the Day....

Anyway, why not put those on the kiddy baths? They have paint that can be very temperature sensitive- like those little disposable thermometers that the doctor's some times use; they measure temperature within a F point.  That's pretty accurate.

Or even just a sliding scale?

And they'd need to put them around the perimeter of the tub so that you can see if the temperature is different in different locations...

It's just a thought- wouldn't that be nice? And think of all the design possibilities!

And then I thought:  why limit it to just kiddy baths?  You could put a few of neat looking tiles in sinks, too- or even pools!  And wouldn't you like the extra warning before jumping into a potentially cold (or flaming) shower?

Someone needs to jump on these.  I'll put my order in now.  My daughter likes butterflies, so please make some in butterfly shapes.


No comments:

Post a Comment