Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, July 11, 2013

When Buying A Kitchen....

I recently started looking for a toy kitchenette for my daughter.  This is all ironic since I've been trying to renovate my own kitchen for years now.

I have to say, this is one of THE toys that I've looked forward to getting for her.  I remember having a three piece set when I was growing up.  We had to keep it out in the garage, though, and, since we lived out in the middle of a walnut orchard, it got infested with moths and caterpillars.

I was really sad when we had to leave it.

So, I've been looking forward to this day for a LONG time.

...and it seems that the world is giving me plenty to savor when looking for a kitchenette for my daughter.  I quick search on Amazon for a toy kitchen set produced over 1000 hits.

1000!

Some of the brands, like Little Tykes, I've heard of before, but then there are some really fancy kitchens with "working" burners and cash registers (they have "cafe kitchens" and "market kitchens", you see).

Since I've been out of the toy kitchen market for awhile, I've found that I'm drilling down to all the extra pictures on these kitchens.  Some of the kitchens even have sample videos, to walk you through the kitchen- I feel like it's an advertisement for a adult sized kitchen, which a host and everything.

Last time I checked, the frig was a floor-length appliance.  I find that I can't talk myself into getting one that doesn't represent a realistic kitchen, no matter how cute...but I have found a couple of contenders.

Now, if they will actually fit in MY kitchen...that'll be the trick!  (Santa, I promise not to be too jealous)



No comments:

Post a Comment