Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday, July 6, 2013

To Pee or Not To Pee

We've just started toilet training our daughter, so I have toilets on my mind a lot lately.   We're still early in the process, so we haven't had to experience the public toilet..yet.

I have to say, I'm not looking forward to the initial experiences of having to lift my daughter for that long why trying to aim her little butt appropriately.

I did purchase some toilet seat covers, which  will be glad of when the time comes.  They are the same shape as the cheap donut paper you occasionally find in the stall...without the ridiculous O in the middle still attached.  They're thick and foamy, with little tape strips attached to them, so they'll stay in place.  (Though, really, the girl with her hand almost in the toilet!?!  Interesting picture.)  The only drawback I see is that they're not flushable...so I don't know what I'm supposed to do with it when I'm done.


And it came to me:  why do we still have the same toilet design that we've had since the

1500s (or before!?)  Why do we have the seats attached to the public toilets?  The majority of the time, we're in there peeing and they honestly just become splash zones that have to be wipes (HOPEFULLY) when the user is done.  I mean, if we're just hovering why put them in?
I did use some very high tech toilet seat liners in my travels around the world....but you still end up with the splash problem.

So, why not have better design?  Like, the toilet seat is in the wall where it can be cleaned in between uses.  If you need to use the seat, you push a button and it is dispensed like a Pez.  When you're done, you push the button again and it's retracted for cleaning.

Wouldn't that be nice?  It wouldn't be in the way...and it would be clean every time.

Something to mull over in your pondering spot today.


No comments:

Post a Comment