Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Oh, For the Love Of Fog!

I grew up with the WORST fog ever.  It's what happens when you live in a valley with a lot of vegetation, I suppose.  There's a distinctive smell to fog, too- if you've lived it, you now what I'm talking about.

I also remember there used to be a rule: never fly into San Francisco before noon...because your flight will be delayed until the fog burns off.  And another rule:  you'll probably never actually SEE the Golden Gate bridge...it's always fogged in.

And it was always eerily surreal to watch the fingers of the fog creeping in over the foothills of San Fran in the evening, too- like a hunter stalking its prey.

So, when I got this video, it made me a little home sick.




Adrift from Simon Christen on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment