Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Restaurant High Chairs

My mother and father in-law took us out to lunch the other day.  It was the first time taking my daughter to a restaurant.  Now, I've seen and even helped out my friends who bring their babies to lunches- it's mostly about trying to get the baby to eat something without making a mess or throwing things- the mom really doesn't get to enjoy the lunch at all.


I'd say that was pretty much the case here.

While my daughter was excellent and was more intrigued about being out in public than feeling a need to get into mischief, I spent the whole time with my foot stomped against the high chair and my leg wrapped through the leg of it.

Why?

Because my tiny daughter at 20 lbs was able to rock it back and forth.

Very scary.  We had our cart cover over the majority of the high chair, which was good because we have a buckle on the cart cover- there was none on the high chair AT ALL.  The high chair was just one of these wooden frames that look like something out of the Modern Art movement and anything but safe as a high chair.


  1. Wood
  2. No feet, but two wooden loops for "legs and feet".
  3. Low backed
  4. Low front
  5. No table top in front of it.


This all struck me as completely insane- why would anyone want to put their kid in there.  Yet, I tried it anyway.

And every time a person walked past, I kept wondering, "Hm, you know, babies are clumsy enough as it is without having to sit in the aisle. And the thought of a bunch of people walking past my baby..."

Well, you get the picture.

I remember when I was a kid that we went to the Bob's Big Boy and would sit in the booth.  I would get to sit in the booster seat.  It was a little plastic throne that they would put in the booth seat.  No, no seat belt, but I would argue a tad bit safer none the less.

I honestly don't know why they changed at all.





No comments:

Post a Comment