Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, February 15, 2013

Little Breads

Pretzels

It's actually a mispronunciation of the Bavarian word "Bretzlen", which means "little breads".

It's something that I have missed being gluten intolerant....well, missed when I didn't cheat.

Last year, my husband found these pretzels by Glutino.

I honestly can't tell the difference between the gluten ones and the gluten-free ones.  They taste just like the big bag of cheap little pretzel sticks.

They do have some sesame pretzels- I actually prefer those, but all of the sesame seeds fall off before you can really eat them.  Then the bag's half full of sesame seeds and no pretzels.

So, when my husband found that Synder of Hanover was making gluten-free pretzels, you can imagine how excited I was.  I loved the Synder mustard pretzel pieces, so I thought I would try the gluten-free pretzels.

And they're quite good.  Just like the gluten version, these are hard, buttery sticks.  Very good.

So, when I checked the side of the bag, I was even more pleased to find that they were truly gluten-free.  In continuing my reading of the bag, I saw the manufacturing warning that the pretzels are manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.

But there was no notice about the pretzels being manufactured in a facility that handles wheat.

I found that to be sad and scary since it's obvious that it's manufactured by the same company, by the same plant as the wheat pretzels.

I tried to contact them to confirm the omission of the wheat notification, but the Contact Us link on their website doesn't work, so I couldn't get their phone number or email address.

Unfortunately for me, I had already eaten most of the bag by the time I noticed this glaring absence of wheat warning.

I would say,  eat these at your own risk.




No comments:

Post a Comment