Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Yahoo Warning is A Scam

Today, I received a rather official looking notice from Yahoo.

It had the Yahoo logo, trademark, and it arrived in my Yahoo mailbox.

The message said that it was a warning that my account was logged in at another location and asked me to click on the link to verify my account.

This sounded strange so I hovered over the link and look at the supposed link in the email.  (The information of what address the link actually goes to is usually found in the footer of your browser window).

These didn't match.

It turns out that this is a phishing scheme.

It's designed to get you to click on the link, which will transmit your username and password to the sender.

So, when you get this one from Yahoo, don't open it.

Click on the drop-down menu on the Spam button and report it as a phishing scheme.


No comments:

Post a Comment