Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Recycling Energy

My daughter has a couple of pinwheels that she conned me into while we were out shopping on various occasions.

At first, she didn't quite get how to work them, but then I showed her how to hold them above the air vent to make them go.

This was _quite_ a hit.

And this got me wondering:

Why don't we have some sort of indoor pinwheels for recapturing some of this spent energy?

I mean, it wouldn't necessarily be a lot, but if you add up a few pinwheels in your home running when your air or heat or ceiling fan runs...and then you multiply that times the number of people in your neighborhood ALSO running the air...

...it makes you really wonder why we aren't making better use of the energy that we spend.


No comments:

Post a Comment