Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Common Sense Items...

So, in the past two days, I've been blessed to encounter a couple of "items" in my life that defy common sense.  Specifically, it just makes a person say, "uhm, what?!"

For example, a friend of the family has a little kid who's birthday is approaching.  They are planning a birthday party for this blessing in their life.

So far, so good.

Bad part:  They have a severe case of lead paint (and hence lead poisoning) in their home.

Severe.

Their kid has been affected.

They have been affected.

So, I must ask other people:  Does it make ANY sense for them to throw a party, knowing that they're going to be exposing all of their guests to dangerously high levels of lead?

Even more to the point:  Why haven't they abated the lead levels in the past year that they're known that they have a problem!?

Uhm, WHAT?!

The next item isn't of deadly proportions, but still begs the question of what are people thinking.

I went to a dance studio for the first time today to inquire about lessons for my daughter.  I had seen the location on the internet map, so I was confident I would be able to find it.  When I drove along the street, I saw the sign for the business next to a driveway.

So far, so good.

I found a limited parking spot, found the door with the business name on it, and entered.

Again, so far, so good.

Well, I was confronted by a staff member who told me that this was the staff entrance and that I had to go in through the main entrance.

Main entrance?

I asked where that was because the sign was over this door and the parking lot didn't wrap around the building.

Well, it turns out that I needed to LEAVE the parking lot, enter an unmarked parking lot, enter a unmarked door, and go up some unmarked stairs to reach the "main entrance".

I ask you, who puts the sign for their business on a staff door and not the customer door?  Better yet, who places the big sign for their business in a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PARKING AREA than you need to enter as a customer?

I hope that these experiences don't continue for the rest of the month (new moon and all yesterday, you know?)  I would hate to see what happens in two weeks.




No comments:

Post a Comment