Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, June 28, 2013

Another Disappointment From Munchkin

When I was pregnant, my husband and I registered at Target.  Even though my feet hurt and my back hurt and I privately wondered if they put all of the interesting products on the bottom shelf, I had fun zapping the bar codes of all the infant things.  I have to admit that I was completely hypnotized by the bright colors and soft toys with oversized eyes.

One of the brands with the brightest colors was Munchkin.

I eagerly zapped all the Munchkin items in the baby food and baby bath sections.

Plastic spoons,

Plastic bowls,

munchkin.comSnack containers,

Washcloths,

Bibs,

Organizers,

Dishwasher grates,

Door safety locks,

Teethers,

Bottle brushes...

You name it, I zapped it.

And EVERY purchase I made, every item I zapped, has been AN ABSOLUTE DISAPPOINTMENT.

The bottle brushes fall apart.

The washcloths unraveled and became rough after one washing.

The cute little snack dispensers are so difficult that my daughter can't get her hand in and out without the little plastic barbs stabbing and scratching her hand.

And the latest disappointment:  The suction cup bowls.

I loved the idea of the suction cup bowl for training feeding- then the toddler can't knock it over.

But then the suction cup would have to actually WORK.  These bowls have such a small, flimsy cup that they don't say stuck through the 3rd spoon dip.

But even that isn't the greatest disappointment.

The GREATEST disappointment is the fact they they turn out to NOT BE MICROWAVE SAFE!

In fact, none of their feeding equipment seems to be microwave safe.

It's not like I'm having to microwave things very long- 5 or 10 seconds for the baby food, but the bowls really need to be microwavable to be ANY USE.

WHO MAKES FOOD BOWLS THAT AREN'T MICROWAVE SAFE IN THIS AGE!?!

After all was said and done, I've had to repurchase everything I bought that was Munchkin brand with Gerber (NUK) or Tommee Tippee.

Save yourself the headache and don't buy Munchkin.


No comments:

Post a Comment