Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Best Cat Litter Box I've Ever Had

I don't know what it is, but it seems that my cats REALLY love to hang their butts over the edge of the litter box when they use it.

It's been a horrible journey of trying different styles of litter boxes- covered, not covered- different containers AROUND the litter box to keep their pee from damaging everything in the house....

NOTHING has worked.

Finally, I decided to take matters into my own design hands.

I went to Menards (it's a local hardware store).


I bought one of the cheap 20 gallon, narrow storage containers.

I took my pair of utility scissors....

...and  I cut a walking hole in one side of the container.

Now, I have a great litter box that is too high for the cats to hang their butts out of when they pee.

AND because it was a cheap, $5 container, even the opening is protected from wayward urine because the opening that I cut collapses a bit on itself- so they can get out, but they'd they to have REALLY good aim to pee outside of it....or enjoy rubbing up against the contractor-grade plastic bag I have as a liner.  (Also a Menards purchase)

So, save your money.  Spend approximate $7 and get the best litter box you've ever had.


No comments:

Post a Comment