Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday, June 2, 2013

My Kid Is Selling...

I remember the days of colorguard when my dad would take, literally, boxes and boxes of cookies and M&Ms to work.  It was an office with few vending machines, so they sold REALLY well.  And, at $1, they REALLY sold...

...which was a good thing because we went on a LOT of band trips and each was up to the student to pay for.

And then I also remember the elementary school fundraisers - the magazine subscriptions or the marathons of various kinds- having to walk door-to-door to get people to buy something...

...and then the REALLY fun part about collections.  Ugh

Well, since I'm working at home now, I don't get pestered by other parents queuing up to beg me to buy their kids fundraising materials.  Come to think of it, I never really got asked before that because I was a contractor.  Guess you get higher pay and no responsibility that way.  Go figure.

But, as I look at the crummy wrapping paper selections from Target, I think about the great Innisbrook wrapping paper.  I always that they had great designs AND the paper is really thick.  It's the kind that you want to just fold up and keep reusing.

Since I don't have any school-aged children or connections to any, I thought I would go to their website and see if you could buy online.

Turns out, yes, you can.  

What I found sad, though, was that there wasn't a spot to indicate that you'd like the money to go to a school or organization.  So, if you buy online (which is, honestly, the most common way to buy things nowadays), the money just goes right into the company's pocket- no funds donated to a local school.  

It definitely deterred me from buying from them...

...until my daughter's in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment