Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

When You Know It's Time to Change Jobs

Yes, I'm getting a lot of, uh, SUBLIMINAL messages about some things that need to change in my life right now.  One of them, as we already knew, is that I need to change my job.  But what really got me was this:

I was on the phone with the HR recruiter for the company that I work for, the company that I joined because it was supposedly so family-centric, and I told her about having my baby in at the hospital, that we would be here for a week, ...she actually asked me this:

"So, do you think you'd be able to go to an interview in a day or so?"

yeah, she actually asked me to leave my sick INFANT that just had surgery to go to an interview that my chances of getting are slim to none because I don't have the required experience.

Can you believe it?

The best part is that the same woman called again, and AGAIN asked me to go on an interview this week- in person.

It's like it just doesn't sink in.

I am curious- if you feel like sharing- what is the most outrageous thing your company has ever asked of you?  This seemed to be right up there with, "Are you retarded?"



2 comments:

  1. During my teaching years at Clovis Unified, I was "told" by the school principal to change a 6th grade student's grades so he would qualify to play in the school's football team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's ridiculous! It's about as bad as when I was a nursing professor, I was told BY THE DEAN that I had to pass all of the "ethnic" students. When I asked which "ethnicity" I should favor in teaching nursing, my teaching career was suddenly ended. It didn't make sense. I tried to explain that by providing a padded grade for work that wasn't up to par, I was actually doing them a disservice in the future- they wouldn't be able to keep up with the people in the "real world" who actually had the knowledge.

    But, I was called a racist and fired.

    And I definitely will NOT go to certain hospitals in the Twin Cities because they hire from that college. I want my nurse to know where my heart is.

    ReplyDelete