Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, December 7, 2012

Sicks Days

http://science.slashdot.org/story/12/12/07/1512225/stay-home-when-youre-sick

Now this post- I find it hilarious   People don't stay at home when they're sick because they only have a limited number of sick days....and they use these when their kids get sick or they use them as extra vacation, because companies work their employees into the ground.  I find it amazing that two weeks of vacation is all Americans are given at a new job, plus a week of sick days.  If you have a child, you can plan on using all of these, vacation and sick days, just to be at home with the kid when the kid is sick because day care centers don't take them.  (Luckily, I have a nanny, but when the nanny gets sicks or goes on vacation, I have to go on vacation).  I do agree, though, that there is a HUGE amount of pressure in the work environment to suffer through it.  I was told by several different bosses in my life to take some NyQuil and get into the office.  Then, I would and I'd end up in the hospital- Guess it showed them, but, seriously....

I find this whole comment ridiculous.  What people need to do is group together and demand to be paid normally for working at home when they're sick, so as not to spread the disease.

<headshake>  It's like, duh, you really have to wonder why people don't stay at home?


No comments:

Post a Comment