Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Baby's Favorite Toys

So, as a new parent, I have discovered that my daughter is much like my cats:  the free non-toys are the best toys she's  ever gotten.  For example, I'm making stockings for her and my husband this year and I had a scrap of lavender felt.  She LOVES it.  She folds it, crumples it, sucks on it...you name it.  A little scrap of felt.  And she LOVES waving it around, which makes the cats super happy.  (By the way, I think that there is some jealously between the cats and my daughter and I found their relocating her scrap of felt to their toy perch very humorous).

Anyhoo, another of my daughter's favorite "toys" is a clear tupperware container.  It doesn't matter if it's Tupperware, Rubbermaid, or what, but it has to be DURABLE (those cheap dispo types of Glad and Ziploc are just too fragile for a baby).  She has convinced her nanny to give her the empty lunch container every day and my daughter has mostly waved it around and patted it like a drum.  But I upped the ante when I gave my daughter some flap ware (I think that's what it's call- it's got the flap closures...clear lids and clear bodies...).  I had my Corn Chex in it and it wasn't so much of me giving it to her, as her seeing and acquiring it.  Just like cats.  "oh, this must be for me, thanks!"  Well, having something that made the rattle sound was awesome.  She got this huge mischievous grin on her face and for almost an hour, I let her  shake my cereal to crumblings.

And then there's wrapping paper.  She does this "trick" where she makes two pieces out of one...which is just SO cute, but not so helpful when you're trying to wrap gifts.  So, you can image the picture:  baby who's learning to crawl, along with two cats "helping" me wrap gifts this season.  Glad that they can all keep a secret!




No comments:

Post a Comment