Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

When Buying Greeting Cards...

What is it about buying greeting cards that makes the cashier want to read them instead of ringing them?

It's something I've notice is particularly egregious at Targets.

You put your cards on the conveyor belt and the cashier reads each one of them.

At one point it was so bad that the cashier actually started commenting to me about my choice in greeting cards and how old was my <family member>, yadda yadda yadda.

Now, I know, I know.  Some of it is just plain old human nature.  We can't HELP but look at pictures- it's the whole concept of billboards.

So, what recommend is this:

Please, please, please:  TURN YOUR CARDS UPSIDE DOWN when checking out.

Barcodes are lot less interesting than personified cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment