Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, September 9, 2013

Goodbye Gallon

I don't buy a lot of ice cream.

Let's face it:  not only is it expensive in price, but it's expensive on the hips.

But I have fond memories of enjoying it in as a kid.

And I have a fond memory of my dad telling me about he used to come home from working the swing shift and would split a gallon of ice cream with his dad.

A gallon.

Well, you can imagine my shock, then, when I went to go and buy some ice cream this weekend and found out:

There is no such thing as a gallon of ice cream anymore.

NO BRAND HAS A GALLON CONTAINER!

Breyers/Dreyers is down to 1.5 quarts.  (on sale for $7/container)

Blue Bunny:  1.5 quarts. (on sale for $6/container)

Kemps:  1.5 quarts. (on sale for $5/container)

Even the horrible local Wisconsin brand that we bought to try because it was less than the Blue Bunny (which is pretty cheap...and tastes it too) is only 1.5 quarts. (on sale for $5/container)

It just sickens me.  Do they really think that they're fooling people?

Perhaps they are.

I guess it doesn't really matter because if all companies are charging almost $10/gallon of ice cream, people will buy it because they don't have a choice.

Still, it seems that $10/gallon is a bit expensive for a gallon of grocery store ice cream.

Not that you can guy the whole gallon, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment