Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, September 13, 2013

The Meaning of A Key

I went out to get my mail today and the mail was late.  As soon as I got back to my front door, the mail truck pulls up to the aggregation of mailboxes.

As frustrating as that is, I was waiting a high priority delivery, so I ran back out to get the mail.

When I got out there, the mail carrier informed me that she was just starting.  I told her that was fine, figuring that my box is near the top and I doubted that they would move from bottom to top, so...a minute or so and I would be good to go.

Well, not so much.

As I stood there, I saw my mail, clearly, enter my mailbox.

I politely asked her if I could get the contents of box ABC.

Now, all of the boxes in the aggregate (that's the little grouping of boxes) are locked.

With a key.

A key that only the residents and the post office have access to.

It's illegal to copy said key.

It's just MY key.

The key is required to get into the mailbox.

So, when I went out to get the mail, I naturally had my key with me.

What do you think happened when I asked for the contents of box ABC?

Do you think the mail carrier said, "Do you have your key?"

No.

She said, "No, because I'd have to ask for ID."

Uhm.... WHAT!?!

The KEY IS THE ID!  It doesn't matter who has the key- if they have the key, they have access to that mailbox.

So, instead of just handing me the mail, or even asking me to open the little mailbox door that would prove it's my mailbox, the bitch just sat there and continued to sort through junk mail and made me wait until all 20 boxes were complete.

I guess what they say about postal workers is true...they really are the bottom of the IQ scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment