Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, March 21, 2014

Tracks

Specifically, vacuum tracks.

When I was a kid, my brother and I both had weekly chores.  You know the type:  toilets, floors, emptying the dishwasher, drying dishes, trash, and (naturally) vacuuming.  I remember trying to do vacuum as fast as I could because, well, I was a teenager and it was all about my time, not the quality of the job.  But the one thing that validated that I had, in fact, vacuumed, were the vacuum tracks.

Now, it's the Minnesota Parade of Homes in March, which means that it's the beginning of real estate sales in Minnesota...in Minnesota, there's a season for everything.  Anyway, it's sometimes fun to go on tour and look at what's out there and dream about your perfect home.

After looking at several homes, I've noticed that there is a psychology behind the vacuuming patterns in a room.  Take for example the images below.

If you were standing at the bottom (like entering a room), which room looks bigger to you?



Which room looks more welcoming?

I'm just surprised that more studies haven't been done and passed along with this kind of subliminal trick to other homeowners.

Wish I had known about it when we were moving as a kid...it looks like there's less moving around my lazy teenage self would have appreciated that.


No comments:

Post a Comment