Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Latest Rip Off

As we gradually lose our rights in America and companies offer less and less with heath insurance, we all are faced with paying medical providers after we get "treatment".

Now, this isn't a rant on the quality of care that we pay for- I've ranted about that enough lately.  (remember, it's a business- you CAN ask for your money back if you're not satisfied).

No, today I'd like to rant about billing practices of medical businesses.

They are required by law to provide an itemized list of treatment.

This is the "itemization" that I got from my recent visitation:

Services performed as hospital.  ER Visit Detailed (CPT:11111, Diag:000.00)  $500.00

Explains everything, doesn't it?

Well, I'll be definitely calling them today to find out what is included in "serviced performed" because they didn't even give me an IV, which is a LARGE component of a standard ER visit.

READ your bills.

You do have rights.

Make sure that you are paying for services that you actually received.


No comments:

Post a Comment