Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Dumb UI Field

Ok, so, I have to share this UI.

I recently had to go to this website to buy some documentation for my company.  Now, just like most eCommerce sites, you have to create a user account to make a purchase.

And when you sign up for your user account, you get the following form:


Now, at first blush, this doesn't look odd.  Standard fields, right?

Well, this form prompts for a Title, no, not just prompts, but requires a title.

And, me, being in my persnickety mood, decided that since a drop-down menu of options was NOT provided, to be creative.

And "Her Royal Highness" actually is accepted by this form as your title.

So is "Goddess".

In fact, ANY title is accepted- it's just a text field.

Great UI, guys

HRM Irish Lass

No comments:

Post a Comment