Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

"What are you doing New Year's Eve?"

Now,

I understand.

There is some level of common courtesy that requires acquaintances to ask everyone they see, "What are you doing New Year's Eve?"

Back in the day, I would have found myself attempting to dance until bar close.

Now that I have a two year-old, however, I find the question a little, well, self-evident.

We're parents of a two year-old.

We do the same thing EVERY night or risk the wrath of not following THE SCHEDULE.

Those of you who have children KNOW what I mean.

You FOLLOW THE SCHEDULE OR ELSE.

Besides, with the cost of a babysitter on a holiday, who could afford to do anything but the routine?    And let us not forget that once the date night is over, you are still responsible for coming home and taking care of said child all night and day.

So, what are we doing New Year's Eve?

The same thing we do every night, pinky, try to get the daughter to sleep.  (and a few books)

Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment