Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Healthcare Prices

I'm looking for a new vet for my cat.  The last one put him in a muzzle because he didn't have a rabbies shot and the vet was afraid he might get bit by my non-rabid cat.  Of course, the vet didn't tell me all of this until AFTER I had left my little baby with him and returned to pick him up.  I've never had such a supposedly educated person freak out so much about a disease he'd, himself, been vaccinated AGAINST getting!

So, you can see, I will never return to that cat-hating vet.

But, now my cat has managed to get himself some pink eye- or at least a scratch on his eye and we need to go get it taken care of.

Now, this is probably not going to be someone I go back to because, well, I don't take my cats to the vet unless they're sick.  So, like anyone else in my position, I pulled up Google Maps and looked for someone close.

After checking their website, I have this simple question to ask all healthcare providers:

Why don't you post your prices?

Don't pretend that you don't use a price sheet.

And, especially for vet care, where most people who go are in the same position that I'm in- a single, short office visit.

But the concept is the same for ALL healthcare- humans, too.  It seems to me, that if Obama wanted to provide reasonably priced healthcare, the first place to start would be a little healthy competition among clinics and hospitals by posting their prices.


No comments:

Post a Comment