Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Christmas of Wrinkle Cream

Well, I hope all of your had a Merry Christmas, or Happy Holiday, or just a good day off.

I have to say it was one of the most interesting Xmases ever, in part because our daughter is old enough to actually get excited about Xmas and presents....and in part because of the gift experiences this year.  Our purchases from Barnes and Noble...well, not one of them was delivered on time and what was delivered was wrong in every instance.

Literally.

A knitting machine when it should have been an activity book.

A book on how to draw dragons when it should have been a Perlorian Cats book

So, our days with B&N are probably done.  Too bad, because the only other alternative for a large seller of books is Amazon, which we try to avoid.

Now, we have our daughter upstairs and the tree downstairs and we have the whole big reveal planned so that she sees what Santa left under the tree.  (A process, I have to say, which doesn't leave much time to enjoy the suspense of the packages under the tree for me, but I guess those days are set aside for Santa).  Anyway, so we have her all dressed up in her little pink PJs and bathrobe and bring her downstairs to see the presents...

...and she ignores them all and goes for the bookshelf for her favorite book.

That pretty much summarizes her Xmas experience, though the dollhouse/castle was a hit...once she got over being scared of the horse.

For me, I know that I am quickly approaching a decade marker and have been quite aware that the pregnancy at this time in my life, stretched out my skin more than a younger mom's so, now I have wrinkles...more wrinkles than before the pregnancy, anyway.  And while I've secretly confided this concern to a few select mothers, I definitely wasn't expecting Santa to bring me wrinkle cream.

yeah

At that point, you just smile and wave, right?

And then join your daughter in looking for your favorite book.

Let's hope this isn't the start of things to come this year.

Happy New Year


No comments:

Post a Comment