Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Well, That's a First

Today, I was told (thankfully) by a recruiter that they just didn't see enough biology and medical background in my resume to work on an EMR (that's Electronic Medical Records system- the thing that the doctors and nurses look at instead of you when you go into to see them now).

Anyway, yeah...what a shocker.  The irony is that I had to take so much of my biology background OUT when I tried to break into IT because no one thought that the two really meshed at the time (man, I'm dating myself).  I had changed all of my lab work to sound more like IT work so that the auto-scanning programs wouldn't just throw my resume out for lack of experience- which would have been the truth then.  You know, "programmed DNA" and "quality assurance of" this or that solution.

So, it's a complete shocker to be told I just don't have enough biology in there.

Everyone embrace the long resume.

And at this time, only one comment really comes to mind:

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

LOL!!!!!


Gets me every time!


No comments:

Post a Comment