Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday, November 30, 2013

No Food In The Bathroom

I'm a big fan of most of Yankee Candle's scent.  I love that they send out an actual scratch-n-sniff catalog.  It's got to be one of the best sales applications of science I've ever seen.

I especially love the coffee smells and the cookies...you know, like "Christmas Cookie".  Somehow, the chemists have gotten it to actually smell like cookies!

Christmas Cookie™But yesterday, while I was decorating for Yuletide, putting out the knick-knacks and whatnot, I came upon my room deodorizer.  And as I placed that bottle of sprayable scent in the bathroom, it occurred to me:

Cookies in the bathroom?

Uhm....

You know, some places just aren't meant to smell like something you'd want to eat....and a bathroom is just one of those places.

And now that I've thought about this and have realized how odd it is, I will, of course, think about it every time I smell the candle or spray...because smell is one of those things that improves memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment