Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Halloween

We don't get many trick-or-treaters where I live.

For years, actually, I bought candy and waited for the cute little munchkins to arrive.

And every year, I was stuck with tons of candy.

Well, this year, I decided not to buy candy.   Working at home, I figured, why bother?  I didn't have anywhere to dump it when people don't show up at the door.

So, Halloween night, the door light is off and I'm sitting down with my daughter to feed her dinner, when I hear the door right.

What happened to the rule of not ringing doors that don't have their light on?


The ringing kept up.

And in between scraping food off my daughter's face, I had to turn off all the lights in the house, which resulted in some rather loud obscenities yelled at us.

I'm sorry, kids, but how do I know that you're not going to rob or kill me when I open the door?

I know it seems a bit alarmist to say, but I don't know any kids in the neighborhood- they don't know me- so, who's ringing the bell?


No comments:

Post a Comment