Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Scary

Well, instead of writing to you about my daughter's play kitchen (which will have to wait until later), I thought I'd share a scary experience of my own:

when a microwave almost explodes.

When you start noticing that your beverage or dinner just isn't as hot as you think it should be- it's NOT you.

OR
when you start noticing that your beverage or dinner is hotter than you think it should be- it's NOT you.

It's the magnetron in the microwave wearing out.

And when it finally wears out, it will make a sound like a unpopped kernel of popcorn skittering across the floor, followed by the typical "appliance on fire smoking smell", followed by a whirring noise that isn't the normal 'uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu' of the microwave fan.

Now, I've had a lot of microwaves in my life (though I still remember life without one) and this is the first time that I've ever had one die.

It's just Murphy's Law:  just when you replace the expensive light bulb in the thing, it decides to blow up.

<headshake>


2 comments:

  1. Perhaps that light bulb caused the problem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No; we took the bulb from the range light and moved it into the microwave and the new one in the range light. If think if anything, the bulb going was a symptom of the explosion to come

    ReplyDelete