Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

And These Are The Experts!

Dear Ranger Rick Jr.,

I'm a biology professor at the local college.

I received the March 2014 issue of Ranger Rick Jr. and there's a 2 page article with incorrect information.  It asks if sharks are boneless.  The issue says "yes".

This is wrong.  Sharks belong to the Class Chondrichthyes, which is cartilaginous fish, HOWEVER, they have a BONE JAW!  It is full bone.

I'm really amazed that the editor wouldn't know this simple fact and I'm quite upset about Ranger Rick Jr. misrepresenting information in their magazines.  I think you owe my daughter, and all of the children who read this issue, an apology and a credit for printing false information.

Sincerely,
Professor Irish Lass


....and upon further inspection...the issue is about "vertebrates", but they leave out primates all together.  Then, later in the book, "Mrs. Cardinal" comes to tell Ricky Raccoon about frogs...only the illustration is a male cardinal.

hmm- drag queen cardinals, huh?

great editing job

No comments:

Post a Comment