Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Heavy Breathers

It drives me crazy.

I spend all day on the phone with people from work.  And it really irritates me that people pant into their microphones.

So, in preparation for this blog post, I went looking for the perfect diagram of where to place your headset mic...

And this was the ONLY picture I could find online.



And it's WRONG!

No wonder people are spitting and panting all over the mic!

Huuuuh, huuhhhhh

Just for the sake of argument, you're supposed to put the mic BELOW your mouth- preferably at chin-level (about two fingers).  That way, you aren't breathing or spitting on your mic.

If you're worried about people hearing you, go to your Sound>Microphone settings and up the volume on the mic.

Now, if I can only find a way of sending this info to my colleague without her knowing it's me.


No comments:

Post a Comment