Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Camo

When I was in high school, we decided to paint our Easter eggs one year.  Acrylic paints instead of vinegar dye.  Smells less and we got to paint instead of tie-dye.

Well, I being that slightly obstinate teenager type, decided to paint one of the eggs in green army camo.   Yup, I was pretty proud of myself because I got the colors so close.

No, I wasn't into army things.  I was just a bit contrary.

Yes, it was a real egg.

Can you see where this is going?

I don't know why I was so determined to paint a hard-to-find egg.  After all, my dad is the king of egg hiding.  He'd hide eggs INSIDE of the hollow furniture!

After a fantastic hour of egg hunting in the 90+ degree California spring, we had to call it.

We never did find the egg.

And to this day, it's a family STORY.  Irish Lass and her camo egg.

So today, when I saw this product, I had to wonder what the hell they're thinking:

Wonka Candy Filled Outdoor Easter Eggs: 12-Piece Box

They don't only color the eggs like nature- they add texture, too.

Of course, I was a little relieved to see that they are plastic and not dye and decals for real eggs...because they have an indoor version, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment