Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, November 19, 2012

Movies

So, yesterday, my husband and I went to go see Skyfall.  I'm not a Bond-a-phile, but I enjoy a good espionage film just like the rest (and let's face it, Sean Connery was just TOO divine, followed a close second by Mr. Brosnan...but I digress).

So, we go to the movies and it's Sunday morning- and it's packed!  I was shocked.  All of these people usually are in church.  What gives!

Then I'm sitting through the previews and it was something like this:
War Movie
War Movie
War Movie
Vigilante
War Movie
Vigilante
War Movie
The Hobbit

First of all, seriously- how many previews do you need?!?

Second, this many war movies???  REALLY???  Is that ALL there is to talk about in the world?  That's ALL that the screenwriters are selling to producers in Hollywood?  SERIOUSLY!?!  I'm sorry, but it all screams propaganda to me.  Each one of those movies (and hence the previews) is sending the message to the American populace that you should live in fear, that the most interesting thing to do on a date is go see a movie about living in fear and blowing Sh!t up with big guns.

wow.

I weep for the American populace.

No comments:

Post a Comment