Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Decorating for Xmas

So,  I wouldn't say I'm a Christian (or as I have started writing "Xian").  But I don't think that it matters because the Xians stole Xmas from the Celts.  That's where the whole presents under the tree and the tree inside and the candles on the tree and the red, green, white colors come from....all of it.

And I _LOVE_ Xmas.  I love the lights and the songs and the running around getting gifts and the snow...LOVE IT!

But

It's really too soon to decorate before Thanksgiving.  And I saw Xmas deco going up before Halloween this year.  I wonder if retailers really think that it is better to put all of it out that soon.  Has anyone done any sales analysis on that?  Or is it just that they don't want to store the stuff anymore?  (and isn't that what after Xmas sales are for?)  I can't honestly believe that they make sales before Thanksgiving of Xmas stuff, other than the start-up households (you know, the kid's first Xmas out on their own or the divorcees).  And, really, it just discourages me from wanting to purchase anything from those companies.  In fact, Target, is a great example.  Their Xmas decorations went out before Halloween.  And now I don't feel the slightest inclination to purchase any Xmas deco from them.  I don't know what Walmart did, but I think I might be buying from them....

or just buy it from Amazon.




No comments:

Post a Comment