Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Graphing What You Already Know



So, just in case you needed more convincing, here are some graphs that tell you what you already know:

The economy is on the verge of a major collapse (or rather, we're in the middle of the collapse)





Countries that are most significantly affected by the economic collapse have the highest income inequality.



Even though you go to work and work overtime, possibly even a second job, you can't get ahead of where you are in life right now.  (Uhm, isn't that like a serfdom?  You're born into a station in life and you stay there forever?)

And why do I care?  Because this is the epitome of my whole blog:   I can only DREAM of being a housewife because the American economy doesn't allow me to be a housewife.  Both my husband and I, like 99% of all Americans, work LONG HOURS, WEEKENDS, and we can never hope of doing any better in life than what we were born into.  That is strickingly different than my grandparents, who were both born into poverty or near poverty.  Only my grandfather worked in an office while my grandmother was a housewife.  He did work hard, but I don't think he worked any harder than I do now (I'm averaging about 50 hours a week, get paid for 40, and I think that's pretty standard for Americans).  And even though I save every dime I can (we don't have cable, we don't buy meat every week, we don't eat out except once or twice a year, we don't buy a lot of fresh produce), we cannot escape the caste level that we were born into because we're making less than our parents did when we were born!

WAKE UP AMERICA!  SAVE US!  EQUAL TAX FOR EVERYONE!


No comments:

Post a Comment