Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Be Creative- Kind of

I know, been busy moving.  Give a lass a break

Ok, so, my latest is this:  now that we've moved, we need to cover up the color palette from the previous owners.  And as any parent knows, that means that you start in the kids' rooms first.

So...

My daughter and I had a fun outing to the local hardware store to look at paint chips.

I honestly have a weakness for paint chips.  SO MANY COLORS, SO LITTLE TIME!!!!!!

AND...

THEY'RE ALL ORGANIZED!

It's a comfort spot for my OCD artist side.

I was less than thrilled that my daughter was not as enthralled by the colored paper as I was.  In fact, I had to hand her suggestions- she wasn't pointing and crawling on shelves to get to the colors like I thought she would.

I think I did at Standard Brands (ah, long live Standard Brands- back when they premixed the paint colors and you had to match the dye lots in the cans....)

Anyway, the trip to paint aisle was a bust, so we sat down and looked at colors online.  I know how much she absolutely LOVES Pooh, so we looked at the Disney colors (yes, there are Disney paint colors just like there are Martha Stewart paint colors).

Sure enough, there is a Pooh palette.

AND there's a nice little Silverlight plug-in for pretending to paint 3 of your 4 bedroom walls.  (they call it a "room" but 3 walls is more of an alcove, isn't it?)  And they have preset wall clings that you can add to see how those would look.  They didn't have Hapi the Owl like she had at the last house, but they had a couple of Pooh-looking trees and the Pooh characters, so I pulled those over in a Photoshop-like-way, and started to plan her room with her.

...

Only the program won't LET you put the wall clings anywhere.


If you try to put them in a customized arrangement, the program gives you an error message about them needing more space, at which point, my daughter lost complete interest because Pooh and Piglet couldn't hold hands and I lost all interest in traveling to a WalMart across town that had the Pooh colors in the Pooh sheens.

We did have a happy ending, however, as any hardware store can match any color, so after taking my laptop back to the paint chip aisle and finding a match for Busy Bee, we got our paint at 1/2 of what the Pooh color would cost and it still looks great.

And we can put the decals anywhere we want.

No comments:

Post a Comment