Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Amazon Falls

I remember back at the turn of the century (man, that makes me feel old) when Amazon was this great little book store.  You could some books or DVDs and then they would magically appear in your mailbox within two days.

TWO DAYS!

And they were shrink wrapped to a piece of cardboard inside, which was literally part of the box.

And everything arrived in perfect condition because the contents of the box were not loose.  There was no banging around inside- it was all very tidy and all in perfect condition.

And that's because Amazon used to employ people to pack the boxes.  But then they fired those 60,000 workers and decided to put robots in their place.  We all know what the result has been.

The boxes are packed too heavy, so a delivery man can't lift it, so he tears open the box to lift it and then the contents fall out or get damaged.

The items in the box are just thrown or dropped into one box regardless of what they are:  gallons of cleaning fluids with light bulbs and potato chips.  No, seriously, this was and actual order.  I don't think I need to tell you want happened to the contents, do I?

So I started sending things back because they arrived damaged.

Now, I've been black listed.  I got a nasty-gram from Amazon saying that I've returned too many things and now "each one will be reviewed".

Uhm,

I hope ALL of my returns have been reviewed your Fing Assholes!  I don't order from Amazon for the shear thrill of finding out what they've managed to mangle.  I order because the price is right or I can't find the item elsewhere.  I HOPE you're reading my comments back and return to the time when you actually could deliver something in its original, manufactured condition.

Ah, but there's the catch.  You see, when the box arrives mangled, Amazon blames the delivery services.  The cost comes out of their delivery fee, so Amazon doesn't ever have to pay for the contents.  The way I see it, UPS, FedEx, and USPS ought to get a class-action suit going against Amazon for all the sprains, strains, and deferred costs that Amazon is pushing off on them.

Perhaps, then they'd realize that people know how to pack a box better than a robot.

And then MY package wouldn't have been returned to Amazon mid-delivery because it was damaged.  (And, no, Amazon, didn't notify me that there was a problem.  The package just didn't arrive).

No comments:

Post a Comment