Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

IVR Trees

Dear Product Managers,

I _HATE_ IVR (interactive voice response) trees.  The ones that you can actually understand and don't read the options too quickly, either don't have an option that fits my needs or the option is so FREAKISHLY long that I know you're just trying to keep your call volumes down by pissing people off.

And those of you how actually authorize more than 2 steps deep- HONESTLY!?  Do you even try this stuff out yourself?

Or is this further evidence of your desire to deter calls to your customer service?

I can understand having two deep, but usually one can suffice:  Accounts and Billing, Sales, Complaints, and Other Services.

Really- can you think of anything that a customer would be calling about that doesn't fit in those categories!?

Press 1 for Yes, I completely and udderly agree with you based on your fantastic logic.
Press 2 for Yes, I agree with you but I don't know what you mean by long option strings,
Press 3 for No, I am the happiest person ever and never have had to call customer service.
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...


If you still need assistance, Please Press O for Operator and someone might be available to respond so that they can not answer your question and put your call back in the main IVR tree.

1 comment: