Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, September 1, 2014

Screw Glutino

Dear Glutino,

I have long used the Gluten Free Pantry brand because I'm not just on a gluten-free diet- I'm gluten intolerant.  That means that I can't have any grains that have homologous molecular shapes to gluten.  I have long admired Glutino for keeping their products truly gluten-free and safe for those of us with Celiac Disease.

However-

I recently purchased a case of your Favorite Bread Mix.  And while I had it on the counter, I casually looked at the ingredients.

You changed it.

It used to have (from the other box in my pantry with the SAME box design):
White Rice Flour, Brown Rice Flour, Potato Starch, Skim Milk, Whey, Corn Starch, Cane Sugar, Guar Gum, Salt and a Yeast Packet.

That was safe.  It was delicious.  It was the best GF Product ever.

Then you changed it.  Now it has:
Brown Rice Flour, Flour Mix (Rice Fiber, Pea Protein, Flaxseed meal, sorghum flour, buckwheat flour, millet flour), Potato Starch, Why, Skim Milk, White Rice Flour, Corn Starch, Cane Sugar, Guar Gum, Yeast, Salt.

FYI:  Those with celiac disease can't eat sorghum, buckwheat, or millet flour because they are immuno-reactive for us (they cause the disease symptoms).

Now, I'm stuck with a case (12 boxes) of your product and I can't eat it unless I want to cause the disease to flare up.  I might as well just have a wheat sandwich!

I want my money back from you or a trade for the gluten free product that I thought I was buying.   I'll be calling your customer service for support, as well.

I can't believe you'd be so dishonest.  Please help restore my faith in your company.

No comments:

Post a Comment